Air-Fryer Copycat Twin Peaks Mozzarella Cheese Bites – Air-fried mozzarella? Yes, please!!
If you find yourself at a Twin Peaks Restaurant, try their Fried Mozzarella bites! They are really good! I think they probably use marinated mozzarella, if not, they season them so they are herby and delicious. I dined there for one of the guy’s birthday gatherings. In my opinion, it’s totally a guy’s restaurant, and the guys certainly like the “atmosphere.” Insert eye-roll here. Twin Peaks, get it? Seriously, there are lots of very nice and well-trained waitstaff working there … (showing off their greatest assets.) They have a variety of foods from steaks to bar food. My favorites were their Mozzarella Bites and their Millionaire’s bacon. Their Millionaire’s bacon is sweet and spicy, much like my sriracha glazed bacon and my Air-Fryer Copycat Twin Peaks Mozzarella Bites are equally as good as their deep-fried bites!
These Air-Fryer Mozzarella Bites are great on their own, or with a dipping sauce like marinara or ranch. The secret to these flavorful copycat bites is one of my favorite ingredients, marinated mozzarella salad. AKA herbed olive oil marinated mozzarella balls! I use the oil from the marinade on all kinds of things, especially grilled veggies! You can read all about that here. And you must freeze your crumb-coated mozzarella balls so that they don’t melt in the air fryer!
TIP: Make sure to prepare the cheese balls ahead of time so they have time to freeze. Or, they will melt in the air fryer. I recommend at least one full hour, but overnight is better!Advertisements
Air-Fryer Copycat Twin Peaks Mozzarella Bites
- 4 oz marinated mozzarella balls *Be sure to purchase the marinated mozzarella balls in olive oil! *You will use the cheese and the olive oil. Reserve the oil/marinade. About 3 balls per 1 oz serving.
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil *Use the oil from the marinated mozzarella balls. Or, to lighten these up, you could use spray oil.
- 5 tbsp Panko Italian seasoned panko if you can find it. *Depending on the size of your crumbs, you may need a little bit more or less to cover the cheese balls.
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese Grated
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper To taste
- Spray cooking oil Optional
Optional Dipping Sauces
- ⅓ cup marinara sauce Low sodium preferred
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- Add panko, parmesan and seasoning to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Prepare a small container with non-stick foil or parchment. (*This will need to fit in your freezer.)
- Spoon 2-3 tbsp oil from the marinated mozzarella balls over the bottom of the container you will use to freeze the cheese bites.
- Remove cheese balls from the oil marinade with a slotted spoon and roll in the breadcrumbs. *Press the crumbs into the balls.
- Place crumb-coated balls in the prepared container and freeze them for at least an hour, preferably overnight, or until frozen. *Reserve any remaining seasoned bread crumbs and freeze with the mozzarella balls.
- When frozen or very cold and firm, remove the mozzarella balls from freezer and spray oil or drizzle oil over the tops. If there are any bare spots, sprinkle more crumbs over them.
- *Very carefully, place the frozen balls into your air fryer tray in a single layer, not touching each other and fry at 450°F until browned. About four to five minutes total. Remove from the air fryer immediately if they start to melt.
- Immediately remove from the hot tray and allow to cool a few minutes before serving. Serve with optional dipping sauces, or plain! I used light ranch dressing drizzled with the herbed olive oil from the marinated mozzarella balls.
If you’re ever at Twin Peaks, you definitely need to try their Millionaire’s bacon and Mozzarella Bites!