I entered a variation of this lamb and baby Bella mushroom burger recipe in the 2022 Food Network Blended Burger Contest. (Judging is this August) I think these burgers are delicious, hopefully, the judges will too!
These burgers are made from the perfect blend of ground lamb, chicken, baby Bella mushrooms, feta cheese, and herbs, and are topped with extra feta and grilled tomato slices. Customize your burger by using a full pound of lamb, half lamb and beef, or even half ground turkey.
I declare it Burger Season!
I can’t wait to make this lamb and mushroom burger with fresh-picked, grilled tomatoes. The lettuce, fresh mint, and parsley in my garden are ready too! If you want to save a few calories, these burgers are great as lettuce wraps! This burger is nice and lite, with 6 oz of diced mushrooms!. Without the bun and avocado, it’s well under 300 calories! I like to use a mixture of ground chicken and lamb with the mushrooms for a more subtle lamb taste, but everyone else likes 100% lamb!
So far, I’ve won runner-up for my Copycat Panera Four-Cheese Breakfast Soufflé recipe on Instructables.com, and I entered a pie contest using the squash with dried cherries and pecan filling from my “Not my Mother’s Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe” and won an Honorable Mention ribbon! Very exciting!
If you love these burgers, try my Ara-Yes!
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Support your favorite food bloggers by rating or liking our recipes, or start your
Spicy Herby Lamb-Bella Burger
- plastic wrap optional
- small plate
- tray to chill burgers in your refrigerator
- ½ lb ground lamb This recipe needs one full pound of ground meat. Use all lamb if you prefer!
- ½ lb ground chicken
- 6 oz baby bella mushrooms diced
- ¼ cup red onion minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp mint fresh, chopped, or 1 tsp dried
- 1½ tbsp Za’atar
- ⅛ tsp Cinnamon
- ⅓ cup feta crumbled and added to the meat mixture, *Optional: Extra ½ cup to top the burgers
- ½ tbsp oil
- 6 buns
- 1-2 tomato cut into thick slices
- sliced avocado
- Lightly oil or spray oil a tray for the raw burgers and set aside. The tray should fit your refrigerator.
- Add diced mushrooms, bread crumbs, egg, herbs, diced onions, and minced garlic to a large bowl and mix.
- Mix in the ground meat well, then gently mix in the crumbled feta.
- Form the mixture into 6 patties, and place them on the tray. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to firm up.
- Slice tomatoes into thick slices and brush with oil or spray oil on top. Sprinkle a dash of za'atar, salt and pepper if desired.
- Heat grill or skillet to high to medium-high. A small pinch of meat should sizzle when it hits the grill.
- Sear the burgers until they lifts easily (about 4 minutes, and rotate 1/4 degrees. While burger cooks, grill the tomatoes.
- Place oiled and seasoned tomato slices on the grill and flip once grill marks have formed. Grill until softened or desired doneness.
- Flip burgers and top with extra feta cheese if desired. Top each burger with a hot grilled tomato slice. *if using ground chicken, cook to 165° internal temperature. Cook Lamb-Bella burgers to desired doneness
- Server burgers on warm toasted buns with lettuce, and avocado slices.
What’s your favorite blended burger recipe?
One thought on “Lamb Mushroom Burger – a”Spicy Herby Lamb-Bella Burger””
I am not a huge fan of lamb but my God that looks delicious.