Bacon Peanut Butter Banana Cookies – Inspired by the Magical Bakery Mystery Series by Bailey Cates.
Early on during the pandemic, I had a difficult time reading. I just couldn’t keep my attention on any book, and everything seemed stressful. After a few months went by, I realized that Bailey Cates latest Magical Bakery series book was out. Her books are always uplifting and inspiring. They are never too dark, or heavy, just good clean reading that always allows my mind to let go of its burdens and get lost in the fantasy of the magical Honeybee Bakery.
This Bacon Peanut Butter Banana Cookies recipe is inspired by a daily special Lucy baked up. I add smoked sea salt, banana, and almond flour. The original recipe that she posts in the book is delightful! Definitely more crunchy than my recipe. I happened to have a very ripe banana. Each time I bake these they come out a little different, depending on what brand of peanut butter I use, whether I use molasses or brown sugar, or add a tbsp of white sugar, or chopped dark chocolate (see the photo below).
Lucy adds a subtle magic-infused element, cardamom sugar, to relax the body and clarify the mind. Wouldn’t that be wonderful?! I use smoked sea salt instead, but I’ll be adding cardamom to my grocery list! I consider these “breakfast cookies” because they are loaded with goodies that make for a perfect breakfast, and who doesn’t love a breakfast cookie?!
For Bailey Cates original recipe, refer to the “Recipes” link in the table of contents in Witches and Wedding Cake.
Take a bite, imagine them infused with magic, and start your day off with a smile!
If you love cookies for breakfast, try my Chocolate Chip and Cherry breakfast cookies!Jump to Recipe
Bacon, Peanut Butter and Banana Breakfast Cookies
- utensils – knife, fork, measuring spoons, spatula, mixing spoon
- medium bowl
- small to medium cookie scoop/disher – optional
- cookie sheet(s)
- 2½ oz bacon About five thin strips. Fried crispy, reserve 1 tsp bacon drippings
- 1 tsp bacon drippings Optional
- 3 tbsp banana Mashed
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup crunchy peanut butter I prefer pb like this two-ingredient pb, just salt & peanuts
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 5 tbsp sugar White/caster sugar
- ½ cup almond flour *May need more almond flour if your pb is oily
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- smoked sea salt Optional, the smokey salt really adds to the baconny flavor!
- ½ cup chocolate Chips or chopped dark chocolate
Cook the Bacon
- Cook bacon until it's completely crispy, remove from pan and set it aside to drain and cool
- Mash the banana with a fork in the mixing bowl until smooth – set the fork aside for later
- Add the egg and stir
- Stir in the peanut butter
- Add sugar, almond flour, baking powder and soda and mix to combine. (Test a scoopfull to make sure the dough will roll into a soft ball, if it's too runny, add more almond flour. If it's too stiff, add ½-1 tsp bacon drippings. It depends on the pb you use.)
- Chop the cooled bacon into small pieces, set aside a tbsp to top the cookies with, and gently mix the rest into the batter. (Optional – mix in chocolate chips/chunks)
- Scoop dough to make about 12 1½-2" sized balls and space about two inches apart on a lined cookie sheet(s)
- Chop the remaining bacon into smaller bits, and sprinkle over the cookie balls
- Lightly mash the cookies with a fork to make the criss-cross patteron on top, or slightly flatten them
- Optional – sprinkle tops with a tiny bit of smoked sea salt or sugar. Not necessary, but delicious!
- Bake in a 350°F oven until golden brown and cooked through, about 12 -15 minutes.
- Allow them to cool at least ten minutes on the baking sheet
2 thoughts on “Bacon Peanut Butter Banana Cookies”
Oh my goodness those look absolutely delicious and so decadent.
Thanks! And they’re healthy-ISH 😋