Just try this Rustic Lime Grilled Corn-on-the-Cobb with Cumin & Mayo even if you don’t like mayonnaise! Ok if you really don’t like mayo just use a little olive oil!Jump to Recipe
Some people really, really hate Mayonnaise. I started liking it only because my husband loves it and grew up with it. I grew up with Miracle Whip, and have been converted to a reak mayo lover. My husband says, Miracle Whip is NOT MAYO, it’s SALAD DRESSING!!!
Once you have tried this easy charred corn recipe with lime and cumin, you will never want plain corn with butter again! It MIGHT even be a little healthier than smothering with butter.
Remember to rate the recipe, or comment and like below!
Hope’s Rustic Grilled Corn
- 4 ears of corn shucked/cleaned
- 1.5 tb mayonnaise if you really don't like mayo, just use olive oil
- 1 lime zested and cut in half
- 1/2 tsp cumin optional, but sooo good!
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
- Place four shucked ears of corn on a large piece of foil. (Large enough to wrap all four ears)
- Rub 1 tbsp of Mayo all over the ears of corn
- Add lime zest to your liking and squeeze half a lime over the ears
- Sprinkle the cumin and a little salt and pepper over the corn
- Sprinkle about 1 tbsp of water over the corn
- Wrap the corn up in the foil sealing the edges into a tight packet
- Place foil packet on the hot grill and grill for five minutes.
- Flip and grill for another five minutes in the foil.
- After five minutes, open the package and check to see if all the mayo is melted. (It's steamy and not white anymore.) Remove the ears of corn and place directly on the grill and turn until you have tasty char to your liking!
- That's it! No butter, salt or anything needed!