Just try this Rustic Lime Grilled Corn-on-the-Cobb with Cumin & Mayo even if you don’t like mayonnaise! Ok if you really, really don’t like mayo just use a little olive oil!Jump to Recipe
Some people really, really hate Mayonnaise. I started liking it only because my husband loves it and grew up with it. I grew up with Miracle Whip, and have been converted to a real mayo lover. My husband says, Miracle Whip is NOT MAYO, it’s SALAD DRESSING!!!
Once you have tried this easy charred corn recipe with lime and cumin, you will never want plain corn with butter again! It MIGHT even be a little healthier than smothering with butter.
Remember to rate the recipe, or comment and like below!
Hope’s Rustic Grilled Corn
- grill or cast iron pan
- foil -optional
- 4 ears of corn shucked/cleaned
- 1.5 tb mayonnaise if you really don't like mayo, just use olive oil. I like mayo made with olive oil like Krafts.
- 1 lime zested and cut in half
- ¼ tsp cumin optional, but sooo good! I like roasted cumin, like McCormic
- 1 tbsp water
- salt & pepper optional -mayo, cumin, and lime are really all it needs!
- Place four shucked ears of corn on a large piece of foil. Large enough to wrap all four ears or two small packets of two ears. (You can skip the foil and cook it in cast iron, or even on the grill, but it may dry out a bit, so I recommend microwaving it in a covered dish first to pre cook it. Then char it for added flavor)
- Rub mayo all over the ears of corn
- Zest the lime and add as much as you would like to the corn
- Squeeze half the lime over the corn
- Sprinkle the cumin and a little salt and pepper over the corn
- Sprinkle about 1 tbsp of water over the corn
- Wrap the corn up in the foil sealing the edges into a tight packet
- Place foil packet on the hot grill and grill for five minutes.
- Flip and grill for another five minutes in the foil.
- After about five to seven minutes, open the package and check to see if all the mayo is melted. (It's steamy and not white anymore.) Remove the ears of corn and place directly on the grill and turn until you have tasty char to your liking! About another five minutes turning frequently. Keep an eye on it!
- That's it! No butter, salt or anything needed!