Surf -n- Turf!
Steak, (Christmas dinner prime rib was too big so I froze a thick slice) cilantro lime shrimp, golden beets and beet greens, with Gabbiano Promessa Pinot Grigio for him and La Vielle Ferme Rose’ for me!
I couldn’t believe my husband found perfect golden beets in February with perfect greens attached!
And for dessert…
Dove chocolate drizzled strawberries and raspberries with a sparkling Moet Chandon Rose’.
- First wash and pat your berries completely dry, or as dry as you can get them. I leave them wrapped in some paper towel or a tea towel for a few minutes. (We also love Dove chocolate drizzled pear slices!)
- When ready to drizzle, place the berries on a spare tray covered in plastic wrap or parchment. (You’ll transfer the finished berries to your serving dish(s) after they have set up.
- I combine several milk chocolate Dove Promises chopped and dark chocolate Dove promises chopped and melt them with about 1/4 tsp of coconut oil for mouthwatering drizzled berries. Sometimes I’ll use milk and dark chocolate Hershey Bars.
- I melt the chocolate in a small dry cup, actually, I use an expresso cup, in the microwave in 10-5 second increments stirring with a dry spoon after each increment until it’s warm and the chocolate starts to melt. (*If you heat it up too quickly or introduce any moisture, the chocolate will turn a weird brown color and never melt. At that point, it goes right into the garbage.) The coconut oil keeps the chocolate slightly pliable so it doesn’t crack off too much when you bite into it.
- Once the chocolate starts to melt you can stop microwaving it and stir until smooth.
- Use the tines of a fork or a small spoon to drizzle, or put the melted chocolate in a plastic baggie and cut the tip off. Then drizzle it over the berries until mostly covered and very cute! Allow them to set for several minutes and transfer to serving dish or a newly lined tray until ready to serve. That way the excess chocolate doesn’t stick to the paper and they look rounded and finished like mine.