This egg salad is a simple mixture of boiled eggs and olives with creamy mayo and olive oil. This will be your new favorite egg salad recipe!
I started using an Instant Pot a couple of years ago. My food blog idol (Sarah Cook) gave me the courage to try it! Now that I cook my boiled eggs in it, they peel so easy for my Fancy Egg Salad with Olives!
Scroll to the bottom of the post for instructions on making “boiled eggs” in your Instant Pot.
I LOVE MY INSTANT POT. I’ve never had any accidents with it because I NEVER fill past the maximum fill line. The only problem I have, if you want to call it one, is that the seals wore out after about six months. It’s an easy fix. I found replacements on Amazon and bought two packs of these replacement seals to have one on standby! I haven’t tried desserts yet in my Instant Pot, but my seals tend to smell like garlic and onion.Jump to Recipe
My fancy, but super simple egg salad with olives
I mix chopped boiled eggs in a bowl with 2-3 tbsp of Kraft Olive Oil Mayonnaise, about 1/4 cup chopped olives, and 1 tbsp of olive oil. I prefer pimento-stuffed green olives over kalamata, but I use whatever I have.
If you have extra eggs or are looking for a scrumptious breakfast, try my Copycat Panera Four-Cheese Breakfast Souffle‘
Easy Olivey Egg Salad
- 6 eggs chopped
- 2 tbsp Kraft mayonnaise with olive oil
- ¼ cup olives About ¼ cup pitted, sliced/chopped. I like the green Spanish Olives with Pimento or Kalamata Olives. (low sodium olives are okay, but you may need to add more herbs/spices to make up for the lack of salt)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chop or dice your peeled, boiled eggs and place them in a medium bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp Kraft Mayo Reduced Fat Mayonnaise with Olive Oil. You could use Greek yogurt instead, or regular mayo.
- Add 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. (optional)
- Stir all the ingredients together and it's ready to serve. *For extra olivey egg salad, add 1 tbsp of olive brine!
- Some people use Miricle Whip. I don’t recommend it with this recipe.
Instant Pot “Boiled” Eggs
- 12 eggs Instructions for less than 12 eggs is the same.
- 1 cup water
- ice water
- 12 eggs
- Close the lid and set the valve to seal. (Follow the directions that came with your IP. )
- Set the Instant Pot to HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes. Make sure it says HIGH pressure.
- When it beeps that it's finished, set a timer for 5 minutes, let them sit, and naturally depressurize. These always come out perfect, with no green ring on the yolks!
- When your timer goes off do a quick pressure release. As always, be careful and follow your IP instructions for safety! *Use tongs to carefully remove the eggs and put them in icy cold water to cool down before peeling them.